Now that the nether hub is finished we are looking to you to come up with designs for the nether wings. We are looking for 4 different style wings. For North, East, South, and West. Below are some building guidelines for how we want the tunnels.
- Spawnproof: All floors must be made of regular ice and/or non-spawnable blocks such as glass, stairs or slabs. Pigmen wandering onto the ice paths are frustrating to boat around and lethal if they’re angry. We don’t want ghasts either, as they can blow up the area.
- Well Lit: Just make sure there is enough light, if you are using lights around ice paths make sure they don’t melt any ice, but are bright enough to see where you’re going.
- Ice Paths: People like having ice paths for quick travel, can use any type of ice such as blue or packed ice.
- Segmented: To allow players to have their own tunnel without sharing walls with adjacent tunnels, please construct designated segments that are 7 blocks wide with one block pillars in-between.
This is an example of a tunnel I designed, the outside of the tunnel wings will be using cobblestone or similar ghast proof blocks. This is to protect the tunnels being built.
How to Enter
- Read the guidelines
- Construct your Nether Tunnel in singleplayer
- Save your your Singleplayer world in a zip file and send to Trevady on discord by Wednesday, October 17, 2018.
- You may enter multiple tunnels if desired!
Once we have received your submissions, you will all be able to vote on your favorite tunnel. The top 4 tunnels will be used on the server.